Family Photos



I think my greatest benefit from sewing has been the pride I've had in my work. This year I was determined to sew the clothing we wore for our family pictures. I want my family to enjoy my apparel plus the photos will hang on our walls showcasing our smiling faces. I wanted to look at my work everyday hanging on my walls. Since our photo session was scheduled for right after I got back from a trip and on my youngest boys 3rd birthday, I started prepping early.

Up first was my dress, the Mama Megan from Made for Mermaids. I purchased this pattern because of the raving reviews by others of the romper version. Then on a whim I decided to make this dress for our 11 year anniversary dinner. I loved it the minute I put it on. It was a clear choice for my attire for pictures in this Kammy rayon spandex from Mily Mae Fabrics.

Robbie's been asking for sweaters and our favorite sweater for him has been the Thread Theory Finlayson. This pattern features a cowl neckline and lends itself well to sweater knits. I used a light sage sweater knit that I think I got from a scrap back from Mily Mae with a charcoal ribbed knit from Sincerely Rylee Fabrics. I had some struggles with this particular item because I decided to try adding interfacing to the collar like was recommended. I didn't use the right type of interfacing and instead made the collar stiff and difficult to fit onto the neckline opening. I made it work but I need to come up with a solution for the next one I make. I already have two more of this sweater cut out for him for the winter.



I wanted the boys to coordinate but not be matching so went with a children's pattern similar to Robbie's. I found the Shwin Harrison Hoodie was a perfect match for our needs. I used different options for each, one with the cowl hoodie and the other with pocket and cowl neckline. Once again both were sweater knits from Mily Mae Fabrics from scrap packs.

Comments

Popular Posts